Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Begging for change.

Is there any area of your life where you need help, restoration or simply change? I believe that I need assistance in all of these areas. I need help in continuing to keep promises to Christ to myself and to others. I need His restoration. And perhaps most important, I need change. It's time for complete honesty....I'm insecure, so extremely insecure and honestly, I do not know where my self esteem issues stem from. I was loved as a child, doted on and given everything I could possibly want. Honestly, I felt relatively ok about myself until high school. Then, my parents divorced and everything changed in my world. I always felt sub par in comparison to my friends. Their lives were better, they were prettier, ect. Please no sympathy because I overcame much of this in college. I joined a sororeity and felt validated again. I was a leader in this group and saw myself grow into the social person that I always knew that I could be.

I left college a better person,yet a person very attached to others. I lived with three friends after college, then two friends then a fiancé and then a husband. I have never had to be alone and the thought of alone or loneliness is very scary to me. It means finding comfort within yourself and peace. I'm working on that and I must say that it is one of the scariest things that I have ever done. Something that seems so easy is frankly one of the most difficult undertakings. So, today, I pray for change, and I pray that the Lord continue to give me the strenghth that I need to embrace such necessary changes in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment