Saturday, April 2, 2011

Reflect on the beauty that surrounds you.

Todays scripture reading comes from John, when Jesus heals the blind man. "All I know is that I was blind and now I can see." To truly find beauty we should look to nature, like the beautiful tulips and pansies growing where I live, the innocence in my sweet niece, the kind hearts of my friends, the infinite love and support that my dad continually offers to me, the patience and unconditional love of my friends. These are the truly important and beautiful things in my world. My gifts from God. Yet we live in a world where we continually define beauty by material things. How we look determines how we feel. Rather than embracing the beautiful life that He has given, we fall into the depths of vanity. I am extremely guilty of this and ashamed of being so materialistic.

There are so many beautiful moments to savor in the world. The unexpected kiss and hug from my niece, holding my friends babies, watching kids excitedly come up to Molly, seeing the true heart and emotions of people who love with all they have, the small notes and hugs that my students continually offer. Beauty surrounds me, and I want to continue to see it. For so many years, I have been like the blind prophet. I'm beginning to see. Thank you God for renewing my sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment