Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Have you followed a Lenten discipline? What has been your experience?

My blog has been my discipline as it has held me accountable on a daily basis to reflect and to continue to work on me. It has forced me to look at myself entirely...the good and the bad. It has given me opportunities to see just how fortunate I am to be surrounded by so many wonderful things in my life. It has allowed me to see how much I take for granted. It has opened my eyes to the people that I have hurt and it has allowed me to recognize the importance of forgiveness. It has held me to a higher level than I have held myself in so many years and helped me to see a new light within myself when I was so close to being consumed by darkness. Lent has allowed me to see the importance of faith and my relationship with Christ. It is my hope that the habits that I have formed in these past few weeks remain with me. Walking with Christ is not always the easy choice, but is always our greatest choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment