Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Do you participate in a creative practice that you define as prayer?

From today's reading in Samuel, the following stood out to me, Mortals judge on outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.  What lies within us is what ultimately defines who we are...our actions show what lies within. 

I identify myself through my job....in fact, my job is the creative practice that I define as prayer.  I want to help others.  I volunteer every year to take on more "general" classes, as opposed to "advanced" because those are the kids that need me, those are the reasons why I do my job.  If I have touched or changed one life as a result of a student being in my classroom, then I have served my purpose.  I care about kids--I try to find good in all of my students and give them a chance, when so many others have not.  I respect immediately and find the rapport between students as the most important and rewarding part of my job. 

In the end, I believe that God sees us for who we are....He sees the real us.  I want what is in my heart to be shown through my actions.  I have so much room for improvement and must daily remind myself to let go of the past and keep working on my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment