Thursday, March 24, 2011

What do you need to leave behind this lenten season?

Christ promises new life and forgiveness.  To wallow in our mistakes is to go against His word, as we should accept His forgiveness for the gift that it is. 

I constantly find myself thinking about the past, regretting the past and beating myself up over my past.  I find myself consumed with regret, rather than growing and learning from the experiences and vowing to not make these mistakes again, rather to learn and be better as a result of my poor choices or negative experiences.  I have a hard time fully understanding the forgiveness that Christ offers, as I cannot understand that time of forgiveness and love.  Unconditional love is so hard to phathom because I am not sure that I have been put in a situation where my love for others has been tested.  Rather, I continually, test the love of those that love me so much.  I test their limits and expect abandonment, yet I am loved relentlessly. 

So, this lenton season, I am asking Him for forgiveness in an effort to leave behind the mistakes of my past.

No comments:

Post a Comment