Sunday, March 27, 2011

If Jesus met you today and began speaking about the wounded parts of your life, what would He mention first?

There are many wounds that reside within me that are invisible to others but so glaringly obvious to Christ. Perhaps the first deepest and most painful wounds that He would acknowledge is the loss of my mother than continues to pain me on a daily basis, He would also talk to be about the emptiness that, at times, consumes me. However, what's most important to focus on is how He would ask that we deal with our wounds. I think He wants to be our healer, He wants us to place our wounds in His hands and to allow him to heal our aching pain.

So many times I focus on the wounds from my past, as a part of understanding why I feel the way that I do today. So today, I ask Him to manage my wounds and I ask do Him to heal me now and for eternity. I surrender all to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment