Friday, March 25, 2011

What do you yearn for this Lenten season?

Psalm 95 says, "O that you would listen to His voice!"  Often, easier said than done.  God is always with us, watching us and desperately wanting us to follow in His path, however, at times we are lead into temptation and we fail to listen.

For several years, I have failed to listen--I have let go of my spirituality, which is so imperative to being the best you.  I have followed the path of temptation and I have sinned.  I am well aware of my sins and I am ashamed that I have failed to listen to His voice when he was so eagerly waiting for me to follow His word.  Christ sacrificed His life for the life of all mankind--I believe this and it is painful to admit that someone would give me such a wonderful gift and in return, I do not live my life for Him.  What little He asks of us for such a big gift--life.

I yearn to listen to the voice of Christ.  To follow His word, even during the most difficult times when I am tempted to give up, I want to listen to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment