Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What does the cross symbolize for you?

"But choosing the cross means life; choosing life without it means death. Only by entering the darkness can I begin to find the light."  These words, from today's devotional, jumped from the page. 

Christ bore the cross for us, I have always believed that, in fact I am still in awe that He would have so much love for me that he suffered for ME.  In fact, when I decided to accept Christ into my life, I can still remember the wave of emotions that swept through me.  It is hard to phathom that type of love.  It is hard to imagine that degree of selflessness, to carry that burden for the good of so many.  To walk through that degree of darkness to find the light....

We bear a cross.  I carry a cross, and I am in the moment of darkness, looking for the light.  And, I must admit that there are days that my cross is so heavy that I want to drop it and HAVE dropped it.  There are times when, unfortunately, I have given up and fallen into the depths of sorrow and sin.  I am ashamed of these moments in my life.  But, Christ does not give up on us.  He is continually offering hope.  He desperately wants us to see the light.  His love is a gift and I no longer want to take that gift for granted. 

For me, the cross is hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment