Monday, March 28, 2011

What would it mean to love your weaknesses?

Wow. This is one that I truly had to think about before I could respond, as I think it is human nature to carry guilt for our weaknesses. In fact, we often focus far more on the bad things about ourselves than the good. We are our own worst critic, when typically we see our flaws as being far worse than they really are. I have lots of weaknesses...I'm overly sensitive and emotional, I read too much into things, I often lack self confidence, I'm wreckless with money. For me, it is truly hard to say that there is anything that I love about my weaknesses, individually, but collectively they make me who I am. We are constantly growing and learning in life, which includes looking at our weaknesses and assessing their worth. For instance, while a flaw, I like the fact that I do love people with everything that I have, yes to a fault, but there are far worse habits. However, I do not love the fact that I am so careless with money, as it portrays me as being materialistic, self centered and irresponsible. It has been extremely difficult for me to really examine this flaw because it is embarrassing to admit to myself and others. What I can say that I love about this weakness is that it is teaching me humility, which is so very important.

While I do not know if we are equipped to ever truly love our weaknesses, I do believe that they can teach us to be better. In the end, I hope to be better and be the very best me.

No comments:

Post a Comment